All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou may be familiar with how to hang lights, build scenery, or run a high school/college/community theatre, but few are familiar with the nitty-gritty details of being a properties director or prop master. There has been an utter lack of information on this topic in the market, until w. Sandy Strawn brings together her incredible 30 years of prop making and managing in this concise guide to managing a prop shop and show built. She skillfully explains planning, pre-production, production, and post-production procedures, budgeting, collaborations with other stagehands, and planning a prop shop from the layout of the spaces to the health and safety protocols for shop planning and workplace management. With this how-to book, you'll be able to keep your prop shop in tip-top shape.
- Author BiographySandra Strawn is the Head of Technical Production in the Properties Design and Production Department at UW-Milwaukee. Her specialty is properties design and production from a general props class in management and crafts to advanced skills classes in furniture/ soft goods production and casting/molding. Prior to being recruited to start the training program at UWM, she worked as a professional properties master in regional theatre for over a decade. She has been a member of the Society of Properties Managers/Artisans for over twenty years. Ms. Strawn was a consultant on the properties chapter of the Michael Gillette book, Theatrical Design and Production .
- Author(s)Sandra J. Strawn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note39 colour illustrations, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.