All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUtterly unique and beloved around the world, The Prophet is a collection of twenty-six poetic essays by the Lebanese artist, philosopher and writer Khalil Gibran. Telling the story of the prophet Al-Mustafa and his conversations with various acquaintances as he returns home after a long absence, the book touches on subjects of universal concern, including love, friendship, passion, pain, religion and freedom. Thought-provoking, comforting and wise, the simple truths of The Prophet remain compelling and rewarding to this day. Designed to appeal to the booklover, the Macmillan Collector's Library is a series of beautiful gift editions of much loved classic titles. Macmillan Collector's Library are books to love and treasure.
- Author BiographyKhalil Gibran was born into an impoverished Christian family in Bsharri, Lebanon in 1883. His masterpiece, The Prophet, was first published in 1923 and is among the most-read books of the last century, inspiring the lyric-writing of John Lennon, among others. But Gibran enjoyed only scant recognition in his own time - his health broken by chronic illness and self-neglect, he died in 1931 aged just 48, in his adopted home of New York. He is buried at Bsharri, where his tomb, now a museum, is visited by more than 50,000 pilgrims annually.
- Author(s)Kahlil Gibran
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMacmillan Collector's Library
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight161 g
- Width100 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew Edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.