Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionOriginating from the observation of the protean meaning of ratio in Eriugena's Periphyseon, the book has the purpose to trace and outline the dynamics of the word used in different philosophical texts from John Scottus Eriugena to Thomas Aquinas. Nine philosophers are taken into consideration: Anselm of Canterbury, Alan of Lille, Gilbert of Poitiers, Peter Abelard, Albertus Magnus, Bernard of Clairvaux, Horius Augustodunensis, Anselm of Laon, Nicolaus Ambianensis. The meanings of ratio are analyzed according to the broader senses directly related to the kind of philosophy each author represents. The examination of the authors is completed with the crystallization of the tion in its Thomistic articulation. Some meanings absent from the available dictionaries are taken into account.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Milena Minkova has Ph.D. degrees in Classics (University of Sofia) and in Christian and Classical Philology (Pontifical Salesian University, Rome). She is author of the standard book on the personal names from the Latin inscriptions in Bulgaria, and of a manual on Latin Composition. Her teaching experience includes University of Sofia, Pontifical Gregorian University (Rome), Davidson College (North Carolina). Member of Academia Latinitati Fovendae (Rome).
- Author(s)Milena Minkova
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudien zur Klassischen Philologie
- Series Part/Volume Number128
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig.
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.