All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
About this product
- DescriptionMarking the centennial anniversary of the first publication of Max Weber's Protestant Ethic essays, a group of internationally recognized Weber scholars review the significance of Weber's essays by addressing their original context, historical reception, and ongoing relevance. Lawrence Scaff, Hartmut Lehmann, Philip Gorski, Stephen Kalberg, Martin Riesebrodt, Donald Nielsen, Peter Kivisto, and the editors offer original perspectives that engage Weber's indelible work so as to inform current issues central to sociology, history, religious studies, political science, ecomics, and cultural studies. Available in several English translations, the Protestant Ethic is listed by the International Sociological Association among the top five Books of the Century. The Protestant Ethic continues to be a standard assigned reading in undergraduate and graduate courses, spanning a variety of academic disciplines.
- Author BiographyBill Swatos is managing editor of International Journal of Research on Religion at Baylor University. Lutz Kaelber, assistant professor of sociology at the University of Vermont, is the editor and translator of Max Weber, The History of Commercial Partnerships (Rowman and Littlefield, 2003).
- Author(s)Lutz Kaelber,William H. Swatos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.