All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book begins by outlining the demographic forces and legal developments that create the environment in which diversity management is needed. It then presents a series of models that describe and explain the processes involved and examines how diversity has, does and should work with respect to a series of dimensions, including gender, race or ethnicity, age, disability, obesity, sexual orientation and social class. The volume concludes with an extended view that provides guidance on how organizations can change to become more multiculturally inclusive, describes diversity management around the globe, and suggests some strategies for managing diversity. Each chapter presents additional, sometimes controversial, issues in boxes to provoke thought and discussion.
- Author BiographyMargaret S. Stockdale is Associate Professor and the Experimental Program Director in the Department of Psychology at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. She has published numerous journal articles and several books, including Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (1996, edited) and Women and Men in Organizations: Sex and Gender Issues in the Workplace (2000, with Jeanette N. Cleveland and Kevin R. Murphy). In addition to her academic work Dr. Stockdale is an active applied psychology consultant. Faye J. Crosby is Professor of Psychology at the University of California, Santa Cruz. She has published numerous books, reviews, and articles in the area of social justice, including Juggling (1991), still widely cited for its role in influencing employers views of working mothers. She is also the editor of Sex, Race and Merit: Debating Affirmative Action in Education and Employment (2000, with Cheryl VanDeVeer) and Spouse, Parent, Worker: On Gender and Multiple Roles (1987).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Out-of-print date07/02/2017
- Content Note11
- Weight718 g
- Width173 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byFaye J. Crosby,Margaret S. Stockdale
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.