All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionDesign plays an increasingly larger role today in creating consumer desire for products and liking for commercial messages. However, the psychological processes involved are only partially understood. In addition, design is inherently interdisciplinary, involving (among others) important elements of aesthetics, anthropology, brand strategy, creativity, design science, engineering, graphic design, industrial design, marketing, material science, product design, and several areas within psychology. While researchers and practitioners in all of these fields seek to learn more about how and why good design works its magic, they may benefit from each other's work. The chapters in this edited book bring together organizing frameworks and reviews of the relevant literatures from many of these contributing disciplines, along with recent empirical work. They cover relevant areas such as embodied cognition, processing fluency, experiential marketing, sensory marketing, visual aesthetics, and other research streams related to the impact of design on consumers. Importantly, the primary focus of these chapters is t on product design that creates functional value for the targeted consumer, but rather on how design can create the kind of emotional, experiential, hedonic, and sensory appeal that results in attracting consumers. Each chapter concludes with Implications for a theory of design as well as for designers.
- Author BiographyRajeev Batra is the S.S. Kresge Professor of Marketing at the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, USA. Colleen M. Seifert is Professor of Psychology at the Department of Psychologyat the University of Michigan, USA. Diann E. Brei is Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Associate Chair for Undergraduate Education at the University of Michigan, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 8 black & white halftones, 28 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDiann Brei,Dr. Colleen M. Seifert,Rajeev Batra
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.