The Psychology of Education by Martyn Long, Terri Passenger, Karen Littleton, Clare Wood, Kieron Sheehy (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.03Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in an accessible and engaging style, this second edition of The Psychology of Education addresses key concepts from psychology which relate to education. Throughout the text the author team emphasise an evidence-based approach, providing practical suggestions to improve learning outcomes, while fictional case studies are used in this new edition to provide students with a sense of what psychological issues can look like in the classroom. Activities around these case studies give students the chance to think about how to apply their theoretical kwledge to these real-world contexts. 'Key implications' are drawn out at appropriate points, and throughout the book students are provided with strategies for interrogating evidence. Key terms are glossed throughout the book and chapters are summarised and followed by suggestions for further reading. A chapter on Learning interactions and social worlds is new to this edition. The following chapters have all been extensively updated: * Learning * Assessment * Individual differences and achievement * Student engagement and motivation * The educational context * Society and culture * Language * Literacy * Inclusive education and special educational needs * Behaviour problems * Dealing with behaviour problems. This book is essential reading for undergraduate students of Education Studies and Psychology as well as trainee teachers on BA, BEd and PGCE courses. It will also be of use to postgraduates training to be educational psychologists.
- Author BiographyMartyn Long has taught in secondary schools and further education institutions. He is currently an educational psychologist in Cambridgeshire. Clare Wood is Reader in Developmental Psychology at Coventry University, and a chartered psychologist. Karen Littleton is Professor of Psychology in Education at the Open University. Terri Passenger is a chartered educational psychologist working in schools and at the Nuffield Hospital, Cheltenham. Kieron Sheehy is Senior Lecturer at the Centre for Childhood, Development and Learning at the Open University.
- Author(s)Clare Wood,Karen Littleton,Kieron Sheehy,Martyn Long,Terri Passenger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 76 black & white line drawings
- Weight996 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.