Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionWhether it's our choice of a new car or what we think about our neighbours, our opinions and attitudes are a way of negotiating the world around us. The Psychology of Influence explores how these preferences and behaviours are influenced and affected by the messages we receive in daily life. From consumer choices to political, lifestyle and financial decisions, the book examines how and why we may be influenced by a range of sources, from written text and television to social media and interpersonal communication. In a field that has fascinated scholars since Plato, the book addresses the key questions across cognitive, social and emotional domains: * When do arguments become persuasive? * What influence do role models have? * What role do simple rules of thumb, social rms or emotions play? * Which behaviours are difficult to influence, and why? Covering topics from attraction, prejudice and discrimination to reward, punishment and unconscious bias, The Psychology of Influence will be invaluable reading for students and researchers across a range of areas within applied and social psychology, as well as those in political science, communications, marketing and business and management.
- Author BiographyJoop van der Pligt was a Professor in Social Psychology at the University of Amsterdam. His research interests pertained to attitudes, perceived risk and affect in relation to decision making. He died in 2015, when this book was almost complete. Michael Vliek is Assistant Professor of Psychology at the University of Amsterdam. His current research interests lie on the intersection of group behaviour and emotions.
- Author(s)Joop Van der Pligt,Michael Vliek
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 11 black & white halftones, 37 black & white line drawings
- Weight660 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.