All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionBreaking through the boundaries of traditional psycholinguistics textbooks, The Psychology of Language: An Integrated Approach takes an integrated, cross-cultural approach that weaves the latest developmental and neuroscience research into every chapter. Separate chapters on bilingualism and sign language and integrated coverage of the social aspects of language acquisition and language use provide a breadth of coverage t found in other texts. In addition, rich pedagogy in every chapter and an engaging conversational writing style help students understand the connections between core psycholinguistic material and findings from across the psychological sciences.
- Author BiographyDavid Ludden is a professor of psychology at Georgia Gwinnett College near Atlanta. He considers himself a generalist, and he has taught a wide variety of psychology courses, including cognitive, physiological, evolutionary, social, and cross-cultural psychology as well as research methods and the psychology of language. Showing a penchant for languages from an early age, he majored in French and German as an undergraduate at Ohio University, where he returned, after a brief stint in Japan, to complete a master's degree in linguistics. Following a second, much longer stint in East Asia, he earned a PhD in Cognitive Psychology from the University of Iowa. His research extends far beyond his traditional psycholinguistics training to include a consideration the evolutionary, biological, developmental, and social factors that make all human languages so incredibly similar.
- Author(s)David C. Ludden
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1039 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.