All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in full colour, this fully revised edition of the best-selling textbook provides an up-to-date and comprehensive introduction to the psychology of language for undergraduates, postgraduates, and researchers. It contains everything the student needs to kw about how we acquire, understand, produce, and store language. Whilst maintaining both the structure of the previous editions and the emphasis on cognitive processing, this fourth edition has been thoroughly updated to include: * the latest research, including recent results from the fast-moving field of brain imaging and studies * updated coverage of key ideas and models * an expanded glossary * more real-life examples and illustrations. The Psychology of Language, Fourth Edition is praised for describing complex ideas in a clear and approachable style, and assumes prior kwledge other than a grounding in the basic concepts of cognitive psychology. It will be essential reading for advanced undergraduate and graduate students of cognition, psycholinguistics, or the psychology of language. It will also be useful for those on speech and language therapy courses. The book is supported by a companion website featuring a range of helpful supplementary resources for both students and lecturers.
- Author BiographyTrevor A. Harley is Dean of Psychology and Chair of Cognitive Psychology at the University of Dundee, Scotland. He was an undergraduate at the University of Cambridge, where he was also a PhD student, completing a thesis on slips of the tongue and what they tell us about speech production. He moved to Dundee from the University of Warwick in 1996. His research interests include speech production, how we represent meaning, and the effects of aging on language.
- Author(s)Trevor A. Harley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note172 colour illustrations, 12 colour tables, 66 colour illustrations, 106 colour line drawings
- Weight1542 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.