The Psychology of Learning and Motivation by Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $335.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe view of memory use as skilled performance embraces the interactive nature of memory and higher order cognition. In considering the contexts in which memory is used, this book helps to answer such questions as: * If asked where I live, how do I decide on a street address or city name? * What influences my selection in a criminal lineup besides actual memory of the perpetrator? * Why do expert golfers better remember courses they've played than amateur golfers? Chapters in this volume discuss strategies people use in responding to memory queries- whether and how to access memory and how to translate retrieved products into responses. Coverage includes memory for ongoing events and memory for prospective events-how we remember to do future intended actions. Individual differences in memory skill is explored across people and situations, with special consideration given to the elderly population and how strategies at encoding and retrieval can offset what would otherwise be declining memory.
- Author BiographyBrian H. Ross is a Professor of Psychology and of the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His research areas have included problem solving, complex learning, categorization, reasoning, memory, and mathematical modeling. He has been funded by the National Science Foundation, the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, and the Institute of Education Sciences. Ross has been Editor-in-Chief of the journal Memory & Cognition, Chair of the Governing Board of the Psychonomic Society, and co-author of a textbook, Cognitive Psychology. He has held temporary leadership positions on the University of Illinois campus as Department Head of Psychology, Associate Dean of the Sciences, and Dean of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Ross has degrees from Brown University (B.S., Honors in Psychology), Rutgers University (M.S. in Mathematical Statistics), Yale University (M.S. in Psychology), and Stanford University (PhD.). Ross has been Editor of The Psychology of Learning and Motivation since 2000.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePsychology of Learning and Motivation
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 48
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight810 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Volume editorAaron S. Benjamin,Brian H. Ross
- Series Edited byBrian H. Ross
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.