The Psychopathology of Functional Somatic Syndromes: Neurobiology and Illness Behavior in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Illness, Irritable Bowel, and Premenstrual Dysphoria by Roberto Patarca-Montero, Peter Manu (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $152.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how a patient's behavior can factor into the progsis of medically unexplainable illness! The Psychopathology of Functional Somatic Syndromes examines the link between mental illness and physical syndromes that lack organic disease explanations, including chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, premenstrual dysphoria, irritable bowel, and Gulf War illness. The author has evaluated the best research work of the past 20 years to determine the association between psychopathology and functional illness, the biological gradient between somatic and psychological symptoms, and the manifestations of dysfunctional coping. The Psychopathology of Functional Somatic Syndromes challenges recent conceptualizations of functional somatic syndromes as brain disorders connected to affective spectrum disorder, serotonin deficiency, cerebral hypoperfusion or abrmal hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal function and highlights the importance of abrmal illness behavior, sexual victimization, and maladaptive coping for the production and maintenance of these disorders. The Psychopathology of Functional Somatic Syndromes explores observations on the neurobiology and the personality abrmalities of patients made from structured data collected over a period of several years. It describes modern perceptions of functional somatic syndromes and how they have evolved into a tightly knit family of self-standing syndromes with a common core. The book examines the correlation between the burden of psychopathology and the physical features of these illnesses; reviews advances made in the appraisal of the neuroanatomy, neuropsychology, and neurochemistry of functional syndromes; and focuses on the connection between measurable dimensions of personality, coping, and illness behavior and the progsis of medically unexplainable illnesses. The Psychopathology of Functional Somatic Syndromes examines: * psychiatric morbidity * brain perfusion * post-traumatic stress in Gulf War illness * the spectrum of mood disorders * the hypothalamatic-pituitary-adrenal axis * the sexual victimization of patients * and much more! The Psychopathology of Functional Somatic Syndromes is an essential resource for psychiatrists and psychologists working in outpatient practice.
- Author(s)Peter Manu,Roberto Patarca-Montero
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/03/2004
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight635 g
- Width166 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.