All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhether intellectuals are counter-cultural escapists corrupting the young or secular prophets leading us to prosperity, they are a fixture of modern political life. In The Public Intellectual: Between Philosophy and Politics, Arthur M. Melzer, Jerry Weinberger, and M. Richard Zinman bring together a wide variety of ted scholars to discuss the characteristics, nature, and role of public thinkers. By looking at scholarly life in the West, this work explores the relationship between thought and action, ideas and events, reason and history.
- Author BiographyArthur M. Melzer is professor of political science at Michigan State University. He is the author of The Natural Goodness of Man: On the System of Rousseau's Thought (1990). He is also co-director of the Symposium on Science, Reason, and Modern Democracy and an editor of its first five volumes of essays, the most recent of which is Politics at the Turn of the Century (2001). Jerry Weinberger is professor of political science at Michigan State University. His books include Science, Faith, and Politics: Francis Bacon and the Utopian Roots of the Modern Age (1985) and new editions of Bacon's History of the Reign of King Henry the Seventh (1996) and The Advancement of Learning (2001). He is the director of the LeFrak Forum, co-director of the Symposium on Science, Reason, and Modern Democracy, and an editor of the Symposium's first five volumes of essays. M. Richard Zinman is University Distinguished Professor of Political Theory in James Madison College at Michigan State University. He is executive director of the Symposium on Science, Reason, and Modern Democracy and an editor of its first five volumes of essays.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/03/2003
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight367 g
- Width158 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byArthur M. Melzer,Jerry Weinberger,Richard M. Zinman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.