All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $33.50Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $21.43
- AU $5.61Trending at AU $8.05
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $16.35
- AU $33.91Trending at AU $50.03
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Public Records and the Constitution: A Lecture; Delivered at All Souls College, Oxford, at the Request of the Regius Professors of Civil Law and Modern History This lecture was delivered a few years ago, and the plan was at the same time used to illustrate it, in the Hall of All Souls College. It was t published immediately afterwards because there was some probability that it would be delivered elsewhere from time to time. It has t been altered, except by the addition of a few tes, and the substitution of a few words necessary for the purpose of bringing it up to date. The plan has only been reduced in size by means of photography, so as to form part (perhaps the most important part) of the present publication. I take this opportunity of expressing my gratitude to the Controller of the University Press for the care and skill with which he has brought a diagram sixteen feet square to its present dimensions, and yet preserved its legibility. The object of the plan and lecture has been to make the chief features of the constitution visible as a connected whole, and to mark their descent from the time of the Conquest. This could be attained only by the omission of some mir details which would obscure the main facts. It may, perhaps, be thought that some matters have been left out which ought, from their importance, to have been inserted There is thing, for instance, said in the lecture, or shown in the plan, with regard to the Cabinet, and as in one sense the Cabinet governs the country, it might be suggested that the principal factor of the whole subject has been forgotten. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Luke Owen Pike
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication22/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.