All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionWith The Pulse of Jazz, drummer/educator Nic Marcy provides a complete method for building a jazz timekeeping vocabulary. Building on other classic jazz methods, the book provides exercises based around common timekeeping approaches from simple to very advanced (called time lines ), and provides exercises to develop independence and comping facility with each approach. In this way, the book covers topics such as jazz shuffle ideas, Elvin Jones and Tony Williams concepts, displacement, polyrhythmic comping, comping in 3/4, three-and four-way interdependence exercises, metric modulation and more. The included disc contains 21 MP3 tracks (including play-along songs) and 34 QuickTime videos totaling over 20 minutes of running time.
- Author(s)Nic Marcy
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleWizdom Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Weight218 g
- Width224 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.