All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionCan a married couple and two sporty dogs live happily ever after in a double bed? How can super spirited dogs be safely restrained? And, most importantly, might energetic puppies be the true secret to human weight loss? These and many other furry phemena are explored with humor, heart, and some psychological insight by Dr. Beryl Jupiter in The Puppy Diet and Other Endearing Family Dog Tails. This lighthearted and loving look at dog socialization charts her experiences in her own household of faithful family dogs, usually two at a time, and finds time and again that all the puppy chasing, paw wiping, and pooper-scooping was worth every antic moment. In the first whimsical wag of her tail, or tale as the case may be, Dr. Jupiter shares how her own diet struggles as a midlife woman coincided with an extra weight-loss boost: the high-energy puppercise required to raise and socialize a boisterous English springer spaniel puppy. From there, in a rollicking roundup of topical chapters on dog ownership, the author weaves the funny and soulful stories of life with her family dogs over several decades. Told with humor and pathos, these poignant dog portraits detail the progression and personalities of the family's six dogs, two Irish setters and four springer spaniels, as well as vignettes of the four family members with whom her dogs' lives have been intimately intertwined. Jupiter also offers a wry take on tennis ball obsession, chow time, yucky behaviors, dog caretakers, grooming, and many more canine considerations that will likely resonate with any dog owner. At the same time, this tenderhearted book illuminates the meaningful role that dogs can play in buoying the human spirit during difficult times, and how an owner's efforts are always tremendously rewarded. Those devoted to the dogs in their lives will find a perfect companion in The Puppy Diet and Other Endearing Family Dog Tails, which is sure to be dog-eared from repeated readings!
- Author BiographyBeryl Jupiter has been a reporter, columnist, and feature story writer, contributing mainly to community newspapers in the Boston area. Her previous professional path was in the field of psychology. After earning a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Pennsylvania and a doctoral degree from Boston University, Jupiter taught at various colleges. At the same time, she managed a household for her indefatigable surgeon husband, their two children, and usually two dogs at any given time. She was also able to apply the skills and insight garnered from her chosen field to her care of their dogs, having found that there is much psychology involved in the basics of dog socialization. The Puppy Diet and Other Endearing Family Dog Tails frequently chronicles the author's own exploits in canine training from her own personal psychology perspective.
- Author(s)Beryl Jupiter,Dr Beryl Jupiter
- Date of Publication07/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.