All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow did Farage persuade Reckless and Carswell to ditch the Conservatives?Would UKIP ever do a deal with ather party?How have three near-death experiences shaped Farage's politics? How does Nigel feel about controversial kippers and their high-profile gaffes?Twenty-one years after its formation as a single-policy protest party, and on the eve of what promises to be one of the closest, most exciting general elections in recent memory, the truly remarkable rise of UKIP and its charismatic leader, Nigel Farage, have caused thing less than a tectonic shift in British politics. And the aftershocks are being felt far beyond the corridors of power in Whitehall...This book, written by the man who orchestrated that extraordinary rise, is t an autobiography, but rather the untold story of the journey UKIP has travelled under Farage's leadership, from the icy fringes of British politics all the way to Westminster, where it is poised to claim the popular vote.In it, he reveals for the first time exactly how, over the last few years, Farage and his supporters have ushered in a very English revolution: secretly courting MPs right under the se of the political establishment, in the tearooms and wine bars of the House of Lords. With characteristic wit and candour, Farage takes us beyond the caricature of the beer-drinking, chain-smoking adventurer in Jermyn Street double-cuffs as he describes the values that underpin his own journey: from successful City trader to (very) outspoken critic of the European Union and champion of Britain's right to govern itself.
- Author BiographyNigel Farage is leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party, and a British MEP. He is the author of a memoir, Flying Free. He lives with his wife and four children in Kent.
- Author(s)Nigel Farage
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Content Note0
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.