All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pursuit of Godliness argues that holiness or sanctification is t something that someone achieves, but entails something a person becomes. Donald L. Alexander defines sanctification as God's taking possession of people in Christ and setting them apart by restoring the character traits originally present in the creature created in God's image. He derives evidence from the Bible that this restoration lies in the fruit of the Spirit and that Christ died t only to bring an end to sin but also to bring about a newness of life. Alexander places the biblical teaching on sanctification within the context of personal spiritual maturity, rather than as an obligation to fulfill specific religious requirements. He suggests that a developmental connection exists between spiritual formation and personal maturity. This approach connecting sanctification with personal development brings about a new and suggestive understanding of sanctification.
- Author BiographyDonald L. Alexander is Professor of Biblical Theology at Bethel College, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Donald L. Alexander
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.