CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
About this product
- DescriptionRousseau's immensely successful epistolary vel, La Nouvelle Heloise, ushered in the Romantic era and has most often been examined in this light. Without igring these elements, the present study, by focusing on the structure of the vel through the movements of its letters, unveils a fundamental order in the work, symptomatic of the pursuit of virtue. The obsession with attaining virtue through order, despite its devastating consequences, places the vel in the Enlightenment framework and the French moralist tradition.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jeanne Thomas Fuchs is an associate professor of Comparative Literature and Languages at Hofstra University. She was formerly Associate Dean for Academic Affairs of Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. She is co-editor of the recently published The World of George Sand and has authored articles on Marivaux, Rousseau, Sand, and Musset.
- Author(s)Jeanne Fuchs
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1986
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleReading Plus
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height241 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.