All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn the United States, the soaring cost of health care has become an ecomic drag and a political flashpoint. Moreover, although the country's medical spending is higher than that of any other nation, health outcomes are better than elsewhere, and in some cases are even worse. In The Quality Cure, rewned health care ecomist and former Obama advisor David Cutler offers an accessible and incisive account of the issues and their causes, as well as a road map for the future of health care reform--one that shows how information techlogy, realigned payment systems, and value-focused organizations together have the power to resolve this seemingly intractable problem and transform the US health care system into one that is affordable, efficient, and effective.
- Author BiographyA former senior health care advisor to President Barack Obama, David Cutler is Otto Eckstein Professor of Applied Economics at Harvard University and holds joint appointments in the Economics Department at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government and the Harvard School of Public Health. He is the author of Your Money or Your Life: Strong Medicine for America's Health Care System.
- Author(s)David Cutler
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleWildavsky Forum Series
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note33 line illustrations, 8 tables
- Weight45 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.