All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis elegant book is the definitive historical account of one of the worlds most important and extensive stamp collections, and the monarchs and keepers who have contributed to it.Inaugurated by Queen Victoria, and enlarged by five successive British monarchs, the main body of the Collection came into being under George V, whose passionate and shrewd acquisition of many other private collections has ensured the unique and comprehensive character of his own.The Queens Stamps is a story told through the stamps themselves, many of the most famous of which are produced here in full colour, as well as through astonishing anecdotes featuring the kings, queens and courtiers who brought them together. This informative, surprising, highly illustrated volume is written to appeal to the general reader with an interest in Royal history, as well as to the specialist enthusiast.
- Author BiographyNicholas Courtney has written 20books, including Gale Force 10: The Life and Legacy of Admiral Sir Francis Beaufort. He is the former governor of the island of Mustique.
- Author(s)Nicholas Courtney
- PublisherMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2004
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b/w throughout
- Weight1098 g
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.