Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionA Palestinian state alongside a secure Israel is the sine qua n of a stable peace between Arabs and Israelis, and at this late date would realize a modicum of the Palestinians' moral and legal territorial rights (roughly equal to those of the Jews/Israelis), and a long-standing aspiration for self-determination. A defense of the two-state option, and a qualified defense of the Oslo Accords against Islamist and radical Jewish rejectionist critics is therefore offered. Besides satisfying Palestinian aspirations, Palestinian statehood would help open the way to a comprehensive peace between the Arabs and Israel, through a just, negotiated settlement of the Syrian/Lebanese-Israeli territorial disputes. A comprehensive peace, in turn, should stimulate ecomic and cultural cooperation between Israel and the Arab countries (the peace divided), lending it additional strength. Increased stability should also result from the hoped-for liberalization and democratization of the region's Arab regimes.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Haig Khatchadourian is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He received his Ph.D. from Duke University. In addition to numerous journal articles, he has published The Coherence Theory of Truth; A Critical Study in Method; The Concept of Art: Music, Film, and Art; Philosophy of Language and Logical Theory: Collected Papers; Shadows of Time (poetry); The Morality of Terrorism (Peter Lang, 1998); and Community and Communitarianism (Peter Lang, 1999). Among his awards are an Andrew Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship from the University of Pittsburgh, and a Liberal Arts Fellowship in Philosophy and Law from Harvard Law School. He is a foreign member of the Armenian Academy of Philosophy, in Armenia, and a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of the Arts (FRSA) in England.
- Author(s)Haig Khatchadourian
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleConflict and Consciousness Studies in War, Peace, and Social Thought
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight260 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.