All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can developing countries grow their ecomies? Most answers to this question center on what the rich world should or shouldn't do for the poor world. In The Quest for Prosperity, Justin Yifu Lin--the first n-Westerner to be chief ecomist of the World Bank--focuses on what developing nations can do to help themselves. Lin examines how the countries that have succeeded in developing their own ecomies have actually done it. Interwoven with insights, observations, and stories from Lin's travels as chief ecomist of the World Bank and his reflections on China's rise, this book provides a road map and hope for those countries engaged in their own quest for prosperity.
- Author BiographyJustin Yifu Lin is founding director and professor at the China Centre for Economic Research at Peking University. From 2008 to 2012, he served as chief economist and senior vice president of the World Bank. His many books include Demystifying the Chinese Economy and Economic Development and Transition. He is a corresponding fellow of the British Academy, and a fellow of the World Academy of Sciences for the Developing World.
- Author(s)Justin Yifu Lin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note2 line illus.
- Weight314 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised & updated ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.