Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionPsychology means the study of the soul ; it is the social science concerned with investigating who we are, why we have certain feelings, and why we do the things we do. Are we more than a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules? Is biology (our genetic inheritance) destiny, or does social upbringing play a crucial role? What are the roles played by Nature and by Nurture ? Are we purely physical beings, or is there an aspect that can be called spiritual ? This thought-provoking vel takes you on a journey of intellectual and emotional exploration, considering along the way questions that we've all asked ourselves, such as: Is it true that we only use 10% of our brains? Does playing classical music for infants increase their intelligence? Do crime rates go up during a full moon? Can hypsis, or post-hyptic suggestions, make us do something we wouldn't rmally do? Does subliminal advertising influence us to buy products? Are our memories stored indelibly, almost like a tape recorder? What causes memory lapses as we age? Can repressed traumatic memories be recovered through hypsis? Do some people have multiple personalities ? How can I tell if someone has a neurosis, or a psychosis ? Do men have an inner feminine side, and women an inner masculine ? Are there innate psychological differences between males and females? The four main characters in this book will guide you through a diverse and sometimes bewildering world of differing approaches to answering such questions, such as Freudian, Jungian, and Adlerian; Humanistic, Existential, and Transpersonal; as well as Cognitive, Emotive, and Behaviorist. Along the way you will learn about the developmental stages proposed by psychologists such as Erikson, Kohlberg, Piaget, and Fowler, and even explore some of the questions currently being asked by both neuroscientists, and philosophers of the mind. Start reading, to begin your study of our innermost selves...
- Author(s)Steven H Propp
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.