Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.45Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do all school children have in common? Something they often find difficult, frequently dislike and sometimes even hate? The answer is 'homework' of course, and eight year old Emma is struggling desperately with her Maths and times tables in modern day London. But there may be a solution to her problem: An amazingly exciting and at the same time disconcerting adventure begins when a brown hare from Medieval Germany suddenly leaps out of Emma's homework! This lovable furry creature, Albrecht, invites Emma, her little sister Jenny and their beloved bunny rabbit Polo back in time to the famous city of Nuremberg. From here they embark upon a truly tantalysing quest to find the fabled Magic Funnel. This ingenious device, so legend says, was able to pour kwledge into a pupil's head without the need to study or read books! In Nuremberg they meet the city's most famous son, the painter Albrecht Duerer, who becomes their host. On their Quest many famous historical and sometimes even hysterical figures cross their paths, including the Emperor Karl the Great, the villain Eppelein von Gailingen, the inventor of the first globe Martin Behaim and the harlequin Till Eulenspiegel, to name a few. During their adventure the girls have the opportunity to sample local specialties such as Lebkuchen and Nuremberger sausages. They also learn about some of the famous landmarks of the city such as the Deep Well, the Beautiful Fountain and the Spital of the Holy Spirit, and of course the world famous Christmas Market. But will they be able to find the fabled and elusive Nuremberger Funnel and get to use its magical powers? Moreover how will the children get back home if they manage to complete their Quest? The adventures in this book are based on legends and historical figures associated with the medieval town of Nuremberg and are grounded in folk lore.
- Author(s)Des Parunia
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.