All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe Question of the Gift is the first collection of new interdisciplinary essays on the gift. Bringing together scholars from a variety of fields, including anthropology, literary criticism, ecomics, philosophy and classics, it provides new paradigms and poses new questions concerning the theory and practice of gift exchange. In addressing these questions, contributors t only challenge the conventions of their fields, but also combine ideas and methods from both the social sciences and humanities to forge invative ways of confronting this universal phemen.
- Author BiographyMark Osteen is Professor of English and Director of Film Studies at Loyola College, Baltimore. He is the author of American Magic and Dread: Don DeLillo's Dialogue with Culture (2000), and The Economy of Ulysses: Making Both Ends Meet (1995), the editor of the Viking Critical Edition of Don DeLillo's White Noise, and co-editor, with Martha Woodmansee, of The New Economic Criticism (Routledge, 1999).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Anthropology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMark Osteen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.