All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike a beautiful patchwork quilt, the three vellas in The Quilted Heart tell stories of lives stitched together with love and God's unending grace. Once a week, Elsa Brantenberg hosts the Saint Charles Quilting Circle at her farmhouse on the outskirts of the riverside town of St. Charles, Missouri. The ladies who gather there have all experienced heartache related to the intense hardships of the Civil War, and together, they are facing their painful circumstances with friendship and prayer. Can the tattered pieces of their hearts be stitched together by God's grace? Dandelions on the Wind When Maren Jensen took a job on Elsa Brantenberg's St. Charles, Missouri farm, she never expected to call the place her home. As she grows to love Mrs. Brantenberg and her granddaughter, Gabi, Maren is transformed from a lonely mail-order bride-without-a-groom to a beloved member of the Brantenberg household. But when Gabi's father, Rutherford Wooly Wainwright, returns to the farm unexpectedly, everything changes for Maren, and she feels compelled to find ather job. Are her choices in obedience to God, or is she running from His plan? Bending Toward the Sun Dedicated to her education and to helping her father in his general store, Emilie Heinrich is convinced she doesn't have time for love. But when a childhood friend returns to St. Charles, Missouri, after serving in the Civil War, his smile and charm captures Emilie's eye and her heart. Will she be forced to choose between horing her father and a future with a husband and family of her own? Ripples Along the Shore Change is brewing in St. Charles. A group of brave souls are preparing to head west on the Boone's Lick Wagon Train, led by the mysterious and handsome Garrett Cowlishaw, who served as a Confederate soldier in the war that killed Caroline's husband. Despite her dislike for him, Caroline is tempted to join the wagon train and start fresh somewhere new, but when Mr. Cowlishaw forbids her--a single woman--to travel with them, will one man's prejudice destroy Caroline's hope for a new future? Or will the ripples of God's love bring the answer she needs?
- Author BiographyMona Hodgson is the author of more than twenty-two children's books. In addition to writing and speaking, Mona likes to read mysteries and love stories, hike Arizona, travel to Africa, play table games, climb rock walls, and practice hula-hooping. She lives in central Arizona where she's learning to be a real girl of the Bible.
- Author(s)Mona Hodgson
- PublisherWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationColorado Springs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Weight347 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.46Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.