All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThere is much more to the Qur'an than the selective quotations favoured by Islamic fundamentalists. This book provides a student-friendly guide to the many ways in which the Qur'an can be read. Designed for both Muslims and Western n-Muslim students, it examines the Qur'an in Western scholarship as well as giving an overview of the rich interpretive traditions from the time of the Prophet Muhammad to the present day. This guide is a concise introduction to all aspects of the Qur'an: history, understanding and interpretation, providing: * coverage of both pre-modern and modern periods * plenty of examples to illustrate key points and aid student understanding * summaries, timelines and a glossary.
- Author BiographyAbdullah Saeed is Sultan of Oman Professor of Arab & Islamic Studies and Director, Centre for the Study of Contemporary Islam at the University of Melbourne, Australia. His previous works include Islamic Thought (2006) and Interpreting the Qur'an (2005) both published by Routledge.
- Author(s)Abdullah Saeed
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.