All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionRecord numbers of Americans describe themselves as independents and reject the conventional agendas of Left and Right. In this widely acclaimed book, Ted Halstead and Michael Lind explain why today s ideologies and institutions are so ill-suited to the Information Age, and offer a groundbreaking blueprint for updating all sectors of America society. Taking on partisans and experts on both sides of the political divide, they propose far-reaching reforms for the way we provide health and retirement security, collect taxes, organize elections, enforce civil rights, and educate our children. Twice before the United States has dramatically reconfigured itself, shifting from an agrarian to an industrial society after the Civil War and successfully adapting to the massive techlogical and demographic changes of the early twentieth century during the New Deal era. Uniting a sweeping historical vision with bold policy proposals, The Radical Center shows us how to reinvent our nation once again so that all Americans can reap the benefits of the Information Age.
- Author BiographyTed Halstead is founder and president of the New America Foundation (www.newamerica.net), one of the nation s most successful new public policy institutes. He writes frequently for The New York Times, Washington Post, Atlantic Monthly, and Los Angeles Times. Michael Lind, a senior fellow of the New America Foundation, is the bestselling author of a number of books, including The Next American Nation (1995). He has been an editor or staff writer at The New Yorker, Harper's Magazine, and The National Interest.
- Author(s)Professor Michael Lind,Ted Halstead
- PublisherAnchor Books
- Date of Publication08/10/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Books
- Weight227 g
- Width131 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.