All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnthology of short excerpts from the writings of more than 50 famous literary and historical figures on the subject of railways and rail journeys around the world - Bill Bryson, Agatha Christie, William Dalrymple, Peter Fleming, Kenneth Grahame, Rudyard Kipling, Eric Newby, Christopher Portway, Paul Theroux, Colin Thubron and Mark Tully among many others. Brief biographies of all the writers quoted are included. Will appeal to rail travellers and armchair travellers alike. This hardback anthology is a perfect gift book.
- Author BiographyDeborah Manley is a writer and editor who has compiled anthologies on Malta, the Nile, the Trans-Siberian Railway and, in 2013, walkers and their thoughts: The Walker's Anthology published by Trailblazer. She is the author of the biography of the 19th century traveller, Henry Salt and has lived in India, Canada, Austria and Nigeria and travelled by train in five continents.
- PublisherTrailblazer Publications
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationHindhead, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrailblazer Publications
- Weight15 g
- Width134 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDeborah Manley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.