Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionSet amidst South Australia's beautiful but isolated mid-rth, The Railway Dog tells the true story of Bob, a scruffy brown stray, bought on impulse by a local railway man as a gift for his wife - and setting in motion the beginnings of a legend. Recognised near and far for his cheery bark, waving tail, and devotion to train travel - Bob quickly became a beloved member of the tight-knit railway community. Charming, humorous, and at times intensely moving, the adventures of Bob the Railway Dog, entwined with the lives of the fascinating people he meets on his journeys make for an inspiring and touching Australian story.
- Author BiographyOlwyn Parker holds a deep and lifelong affection for the South Australian mid-north, and particularly the town of Peterborough - as her grandparents ran the Peterborough Hotel during the 1960s - and many happy childhood memories of a thriving railway town still remain.The discovery of a portrait of the enigmatic Bob the Railway Dog was the inspiration for this book, and the author hopes it is a fitting tribute to a wonderful Australian character and the community he loved.
- Author(s)Olwyn M. Parker
- PublisherBrolga Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationRingwood, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBrolga Publishing Pty Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/07/2015
- Content Note11 colour and b&w photos
- Weight156 g
- Width136 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.