All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe opportunity to commit crime on the railways began from the day they were being built. The crimes both mirrored the range of those committed outside and existed in a microcosm of their own. It was the work of the various railway company police forces and predecessor forces to investigate and bring to justice the perpetrators. This book takes us back from the very early days of railway policing to the halcyon days of the 1940s and 1950s, when policing methods, image and perception were reflected in television series such as Dixon of Dock Green and Z Cars. The cases in the book are authentic and reported by investigating officers from the age of steam locomotives, stations, goods yards, left luggage offices and dining cars, and those stalgic images of railways. They bring to life the devious and clever methods devised by criminals to obtain success in their activities and how they were thwarted by the railway policeman. Here, then, is a fascinating and diverse collection of cases from a past era that were committed in a unique environment and solved by a body of dedicated and highly trained officers of the railway police.
- Author BiographyRichard Stacpoole-Ryding served in the British Transport Police as a Sergeant before pursuing a career in H.M. Prison Service. He has been published in military and medal journals at home and abroad and had a book published in 2008. He lives in Kent with his partner and young son.
- Author(s)Richard J. Stacpoole-Ryding
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note40
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.