All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book concerns the insane, inebriated, satirical adventures of a group of four young friends who meet in the wilds of WA State. Set in the little town of Rama, the antics of three people of color and one overbearing white Montanan reverberate with the love of life and the apolitical, incorrect universe of those who cant stay within the rational boundaries of ordinary writing. Tongue-in-cheek, acerbic and ruthless in its skewering of the literature of people of color, white people and feminism, the book covers stories, romantic tales and cartoon idealism - without letting up for one second. It's a comic farce steeped in the charms of the Pacific Northwest, full of poetry, science fiction, and flurries of bombastic charm mingling with the splendor of how far you can go in life without getting anywhere else. I'm offering this book to be distributed widely for as cheaply as possible, completely for free eventually. I want its entire world of readers to simply enjoy my crazy stories, without needing to care in an abstract manner about my end of the sales. Read my book, open your silliest eyes wide, and laugh out loud! By the way, there's a significant overlord herein. You may have met him before. Anyway, just think he's only one idiotic man, and that's how it works. A rollicking Woody Allen type farce containing ideas unseen before by modern society, including the backstories of those main characters: Gabriello Beau Hooter Sancto, Saragina DeSoto, Caza Zooweiler and Artie Blend. These single souls meet in the boonies, spending their time looking for work, love and laughter in a spurious, charming, sophisticated, light-hearted manner that takes absolutely thing seriously, skewering all sacred precepts regarding politics, feminism, racism, white people, and romantic comedy. This is the first published humor book by its professional ghostwriter author, who is happy to share it with an ever-expanding readership. I just want to test the waters when it comes to funny books, and share my persuasive sense of irreverence with a large readership. This vel is written in the style of Harlan Ellison, several women of color humor writers including Toni Morrison, and is very 1960s through 1980s in its orientation. It also includes Mad Magazine made up words, references to the downbeat gestalt of Western white male writers, and everything else in an offbeat politically incorrect manner. Enjoy deeplimo with mashed potatoes, spread-eagled with low calorie salad dressing and a side order of limeade -- accompanied by youthful poverty-stricken Seattle area hambone. Karen S Cole has been working on The Rainbow Horizon for at least ten years. It is t the best written of books yet, never meant to be anything other than a unique kind of thoughtful fluff, running wild like a headless chicken, bombastically declaring the nature of all things political as something only worth lampooning and straightening out. The end result is romance combined with friendship, in the little mythical town of Rama, Washington. If you can't understand the contents of this book, maybe you're t an intellectual humorist. If you can, you will find a long version of a simple but clever jest, the kind with a punch line that gets you to think. Reflect upon this in terms of the joke, A rabbi, a priest and a minister stroll into a bar - hitting their heads, they fall down. Plays on words, running gags, background tales that have thing to do with the tale's overall plot - this book is loaded with that sort of thing. I could stand to do more work on it, then I'd feel happier. But it already reads like a straightforward dream about people, one where each person has to decide how to drift subconsciously into the lives of their own making and eventual fulfillment. Well, eugh farting around; if you dig nsense like Monty Python, read this book and get a good laugh out of how it tells a story without ever coming to a deep conclusion.
- Author BiographyKaren S Cole is on the Internet as an affordable ghostwriter, rewriter, copy editor and proofreader of book manuscripts, and I have performed many other types of freelance and contracted writing jobs. I usually only take credit as the editor when I ghostwrite or copy edit for an author, and my fees are often lower than industry standard rates for most professional ghostwriters, rewriters, copy editors and proofreaders. Ghost Writer, Inc. also edits, ghostwrites and otherwise works on manuscripts, screenplays, music and other related writing projects. We do affordable marketing, promotions, publishing, optioning and other ghostwriting services designed to get your work out to the general public. Consult with GWI to see what we can do for you as a newbie author, or as an established writer who could use some extra help from time to time. Please visit our website at www.rainbowriting.com for more info about Ghost Writer, Inc. We perform inexpensive freelance copy writing, ghostwriting, copy editing, proofreading, analysis and professional formatting for books, memoirs, scripts, music and screenplays, and we will do all of this for you for reasonable pricing. Recently, we began offering lyrics / music ghostwriting and editing services. We can get you other professionals such as graphics and photography, literary agencies, publishers, sales promotions, etc. through our partner companies. We may be able to arrange a TV show, film, video or movie from your book, if you have the resources; we can arrange professional services that pitch your work to major TV and film industry executives, too! But bear in mind, this is only for upfront payment in most cases, not on spec or percentage payments. We are honest, forthright, and will do our level best to assist you in any case whatsoever. But we do work for pay, so you will need to have the time, inclination and ability to access your own needed financial resources to work closely with our ghost writing agency, Ghost Writer, Inc. or GWI.
- Author(s)Karen S Cole
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.