All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionBrian Wood, a w retired Police Sergeant from the Thames Valley Police, recaps some of his humorous and occasionally serious encounters during his 30 years 'in the force'. His experiences include an instance with the Great Train Robbery for which he was awarded recognition for his participation. As I walked under the Town Hall arch, on my way off duty I was confronted by a man holding a knife who had suddenly appeared out of the darkness. He advanced screaming that he was going to kill me Not your rmal activity on a peaceful evening in Aylesbury. Look out for Brian's second book aptly called 'More Ramblings of a Rustic Copper' due for publishing in 2014.
- Author BiographyNow an octogenarian, Brian Wood likes to keep up with the times, researching books, already having produced four volumes of his family history. His love of writing and stories in general has led him to publish his memoirs, in order that everyone may enjoy, or at least relive, some of the exploits of a young policeman in rural Buckinghamshire and surrounding areas. Living in South Oxfordshire, Brian still enjoys a healthy and active lifestyle, playing badminton, cycling and trying to keep up with his four grandchildren.
- Author(s)MR Brian Walter Wood
- PublisherWrite Now Publications
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWrite Now Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.