All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVictims of rape often suffer from symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), as well as depression, addiction and other emotional problems. In this new handbook, an expert in the treatment of PTSD helps rape victims cope with the reality of the experience and deal with the aftermath of conflicting and debilitating feelings. Recovery begins by establishing a safety plan that includes what to expect from recovery, and an understanding of how to treat your self during recovery. Learn how to develop a community and supportive network to assist you during the journey and cope with the anxiety and anger that often arise during this process. Understand how sexual assault can affect many aspects of life. Shatter myths about sexual assault and examine how the experience can change relationships. The final part of the book facilitates the mental reconstruction of the assault to diffuse its emotional power. Counter irrational beliefs, find inner reserves of strength and energy, and regain personal power.
- Author BiographyAs a specialist in post-traumatic stress disorder, Aphrodite Matsakis, Ph.D., has counseled thousands of clients ranging from combat veterans to victims of crime and abuse and other traumatic events. She conducts a private psychotherapy practice specializing in post-traumatic stress disorder and child abuse.
- Author(s)Aphrodite Matsakis
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2003
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight278 g
- Width158 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.