All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.29Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the ultimate guide to maximizing the body's ability to heal for anyone who is planning for or recovering from surgery, injury or pregnancy. By understanding the body's marvelous ability to repair and rebuild itself, we can prepare and fine-tune our bodies to optimize our healing potential post surgery. The Rapid Recovery Handbook provide an understanding of the healing process and the essential tools to make sure self-healing mechanisms are in top working order, covering every repair-related detail a patient needs to kw from the planning-for-surgery period through the late stages of recovery at home. Written for a variety of patients dealing with a wide scope of surgeries and injuries, The Rapid Recovery Handbook reveals three practical factors that account for the individualized nature of recovery: nutrition and botanical support (the primary way to prepare for surgery and to enhance healing from injury), physical support (including such beneficial therapies as massage, acupuncture, Reiki, hydrotherapy and others) and mind-body support (including hypsis and mindful breathing to address the stress response).
- Author BiographyElizabeth G. Motyka, M.D. is an obstetrician and gynecologist with a private practice focusing on conscious wellness, holistic gynecology and the use of alternative and complementary therapies in repairing and recovering from surgery. She is currently an Adjunct Associate Professor at UNC, where she coordinates educational programs on integrative medicine and lectures on the use of alternative and complementary therapies in women's health. Thomas M. Motyka, D.O. is a clinician, researcher, educator and nationally known speaker in the area of integrative health and osteopathic medicine. He is a board-certified internist, currently in private practice in Carrboro, NC and at the University of North Carolina where he runs the Osteopathic Manipulation Clinic. Dr. Motyka is clinical Assistant Professor at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, and lectures widely on complementary therapies and the osteopathic approach to pain and musculoskeletal conditions. M. Nathaniel Mead is a freelance writer who has coauthored and ghostwritten books on cancer, AIDS, allergies, and autism, in addition to chapters for numerous books on integrative medicines. A former long-time contributing editor to Natural Health magazine, he has also written articles for Utne Reader, American Health, Environmental Health Perspectives, Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health, and many other publications. He has lectured at Duke University, the UNC School of Medicine, and the National College of Naturopathic Medicine on using nutrition and botanicals in tandem with conventional therapies.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Motyka,Tom Motyka
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/10/2006
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width185 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.