All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with humor and charm, this heartwarming tale follows a year in the life of a mischievous bulldog puppy entering the social whirl of Edwardian London, as told by the dog himself. Coupled with brilliant, cheerful illustrations, the loveable hero describes his naughty adventuresand his ability to escape scot-freebecoming the darling of an actress, enjoying the races at Ascot, punting at the Henley Regatta, and holidays in Ostend. When British virtues lead to the disastrous end of his high life, the fearless canine discovers the many new joys of country living. Originally published in 1905, thisclassic romp demonstrates theperennial appeal of Cecil Aldrin s illustrations and stories, for both children and adults alike.
- Author BiographyCecil Aldinwasan internationally renownedBritish artist and illustrator who became famous for prints of rural lifeand his portrayals of dogs. He is the author of A Dog Day, Puppy Dogs Tales, and Sleeping Partners. His illustrations include the original 1893 magazine publications of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book and the 1910 edition of Charles Dickens' The Pickwick Papers.
- Author(s)Cecil Aldin
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width122 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.