All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionSeminars by Professor Windy Dryden. See the man live and in action. To find out more and to book your place go to www.cityminds.com 'The REBT Approach to Therapeutic Change is again an excellent introduction for trainee and practising counsellors, or anyone interested in the subject. The outline of the approach is very clear and is helped by examples in chart form' - Mark Edwards, Nurtuting Potential 'A remarkably useful book for the practitioners of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and other kinds of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy!...Definitive and thorough going'- Albert Ellis 'Change' is at the heart of counselling and psychotherapy. Clients enter into the therapeutic process in the hope that something in themselves or their situation will be different by the end. Counsellors and Psychotherapists therefore need to understand the nature of change and how best to facilitate it. This is the subject of The Rational Emotive Behavioural Approach to Therapeutic Change. Central to the REBT approach is the view that many of the problems people experience in life are largely determinded by irrational beliefs they hold about themselves, other people and the world. The therapist's role is therefore to help clients identify, challenge and change these unhelpful beliefs. The book describes the cognitive, emotional and behavioural techniques which clients can use to promote psychological change in themselves. It also discusses obstacles to change, which may arise at different points in the therapeutic process and provides strategies for tackling them. Despite its centrality within counselling and psychotherapy, surprisingly little has been written on the subject of change and in a way that is accessible for trainees and practitioners. The Rational Emotive Behavioural Approach to Therapeutic Change will be welcomed both by those specializing in REBT and those trained in other approaches wanting to learn more about the change process in counselling and psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyWindy Dryden is one of the leading practitioners and trainers in the UK in the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) tradition of psychotherapy. He is best known for his work in Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (RECBT), a leading CBT approach. He has been working in the field of counselling and psychotherapy since 1975 and was one of the first people in Britain to be trained in CBT. He has published over 200 books and has trained therapists all over the world, in as diverse places as the UK, the USA, South Africa, Turkey and Israel. He is Emeritus Professor of Psychotherapeutic Studies at Goldsmiths, University of London.
- Author(s)Michael Neenan,Windy Dryden
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/02/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSage Therapeutic Change Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight354 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.