All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionDouwe Scherjoen was a well-to-do livestock dealer from the remote Dutch province of Friesland. Then his corpse was found, half-charred by flames, floating in a dory in Amsterdam's harbor. No one kws why he was in the nation's capital, far from the bucolic pleasures of his native village of Dingjum. But since Grijpstra is Friesan by birth and can understand the dialect, he and his partner de Gier are dispatched to find the killer--or at least the motive for the crime. And they discover that while one, t even his wife, liked the victim, the culprit is the unlikeliest suspect of all.
- Author BiographyJanwillem van de Wetering (1931 2008) was born and raised in Rotterdam, but lived most recently in Surry, Maine. He served as a member of the Amsterdam Special Constabulary and was once a Zen Buddhist monk. He is renowned for his detective fiction, including <i>Outsider in Amsterdam</i>, <i>The Corpse on the Dike</i>, <i>The Japanese Corpse</i>, and eleven other books in the Grijpstra and de Gier series.
- Author(s)Janwillem van de Wetering
- PublisherSoho Press Inc
- Date of Publication09/07/2000
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleAmsterdam Cops
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date22/12/2007
- Weight358 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.