Consider these sponsored items
- AU $23.50Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic million-copy bestselling handbook on reading aloud to children--revised and updated Recommended by -Dear Abby- upon its first publication in 1982, millions of parents and educators have turned to Jim Trelease's beloved classic for more than three decades to help countless children become avid readers through awakening their imaginations and improving their language skills. It has also been a staple in schools of education for new teachers. This updated edition of The Read-Aloud Handbook discusses the benefits, the rewards, and the importance of reading aloud to children of a new generation. Supported by delightful anecdotes as well as the latest research (including the good and bad news on digital learning), The Read-Aloud Handbook offers proven techniques and strategies for helping children discover the pleasures of reading and setting them on the road to becoming lifelong readers.
- Author BiographyJim Trelease is a frequently cited author who has spent thirty years addressing parents, teachers, and librarians on the subjects of children, literature, and the challenges of multimedia to print. His other books include Hey! Listen to This, for grades K-4, and Read All About It! for preteens and teens. He lives in Enfield, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Jim Trelease
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication25/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRead-Aloud Handbook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight381 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement7th
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.