All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe Reagan Presidency: Ten Intimate Perspectives of Ronald Reagan is part of a continuing Miller Center series of presidential portraits. This volume of the series examines the political forces and personal characteristics that shaped the Reagan presidency. Cabinet members, a counsel to the president, scholars, journalists, a chief of staff, and other professionals in the administration attended Miller Center forums to discuss important domestic and international issues from the Reagan presidency. Their vast professional and political experience and firsthand accounts provide an intimate perspective on Reagan's presidency and serve as a source of information and reference for historians of the administration. As it did with previous oral histories, the Miller Center hosted representatives from the press, public service, and academia. The forum audiences included supporters and critics of the administration and scholars of presidential politics. Their participation t only sparked debate on important aspects of the Reagan presidency but also broadened and enhanced this discussion of governance. This book addresses the essential themes of the Reagan presidency: governance, the role of communication, domestic policy, international trade, international policy, and post-Cold War strategy. The book examines Reagan's leadership style, analyzes the role of the media in presidential politics, explores the Reagan administration's unique policy challenges, and reviews the effects of their policy choices. The volume concludes with an assessment of Reagan's administration and its place in the history of contemporary presidents.
- Author BiographyKenneth Thompson is Director of the Miller Center of Public Affairs and J. Wilson Newman Professor of Government and Foreign Affairs at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Kenneth W. Thompson
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/04/1997
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleMiller Center on Presidential Portraits
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight426 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement9th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.