CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionSpurred on by admiration for his velist half-brother and irritation at the biography written about him by Mr Goodman ('his slapdash and very misleading book'), the narrator, V, sets out to record Sebastian Knight's life as he understands it; but buried amid the extensive quoting, digressions, seeming explanations and digs, Sebastian's erratic and troubled persona remains as elusive as ever. Nabokov's first vel written in English, The Real Life of Sebastian Knight is a nuanced, enigmatic portrayal of the conflict between the real and the unreal, and the futile quest for human truth.
- Author BiographyVladimir Nabokov (1899-1977) was one of the great writers of the twentieth century, as well as a translator and lepidopterist. His works include, from the Russian novels, The Luzhin Defense and The Gift; from the English novels, Lolita, Pnin, Pale Fire and Ada; the autobiographical Speak, Memory; translations of Alice in Wonderland into Russian and Eugene Onegin into English; and lectures on literature. All of the fiction and Speak, Memory are published in Penguin.
- Author(s)Vladimir Nabokov
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Penguin Vladimir Nabokov Hardback Collection
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date06/10/2016
- Weight310 g
- Width129 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.