The Real Roosevelts: An Omitted History: What PBS & Ken Burns Didn't Tell You by M S King (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by onlinebookbay2016
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the pantheon of American heroes, few names are more revered than that of 'Roosevelt'. As the decades pass into the century mark, the recent works of historians such as Doris Kearns Goodwin and film producer Ken Burns have exalted the Holy Trinity of Roosevelt to demi-god status. There was Theodore, hero of San Juan Hill, builder of the Panama Canal, scourge of the big bad Robber Barons, and tireless champion of the worker whose manly image is immortalized in the stone of Mount Rushmore. There was Franklin, the altruistic savior of America who turned against his own class to serve the common man. FDR, we are told, saved America, and indeed, the world. For that, his own image is immortalized on every American dime. And finally, there was Elear; the Sainted Lady whose compassion for the downtrodden made her the Mother Teresa of her day. That's the pleasant fiction, and if you wish that it t be disturbed, perhaps it is best that you put this book down and walk away. But if you can handle a cold dose of the reality that Ken Burns and his ilk have concealed from you, then M S King's 'The Real Roosevelts' is a work of entertaining scholarship that will shake you to your very core.
- Author BiographyM. S. King is a private investigative journalist and researcher based in the New York City area. A 1987 graduate of Rutgers University, King's subsequent 30 year career in Marketing & Advertising has equipped him with a unique perspective when it comes to understanding how public opinion is indeed scientifically manufactured. Madison Ave marketing acumen combines with 'City Boy' instincts to make M.S. King one of the most tenacious detectors of things that don't add up in the world today. Says King of his admitted quirks, irreverent disdain for conventional wisdom, and uncanny ability to ferret out and weave together important data points that others miss: Had Sherlock Holmes been an actual historical personage, I would have been his reincarnation. King is also the author of The War Against Putin: What the Government-Media Complex Isn't Telling You About Russia; and The Bad War: The Story Never Taught About World War II. His other interests include: the animal kingdom, philosophy, chess, cooking, literature and history (with emphasis on events of the late 19th through the 20th centuries).
- Author(s)M S King
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Dees
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.