All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionWritten conversationally and from personal experience, this handbook offers suggestions on assisted living-how to find the right place, how to get ready for the move, and what to look for after the move. It relies on personal stories and observations to clarify the points being made. It covers everything from maintenance and housekeeping, to emotional issues and personal interactions, to activities and things to look for on your visits to find the best place for mom or dad, or your favorite aunt. The practical section of ideas for useful gifts and necessities, and the eye-opening accounts written from the viewpoint of residents make this an important first-read for anyone considering assisted living for a loved one.
- Author BiographyEva Graham brings a lifetime of insight working with complex environments requiring both detail and compassion, as well as innovation and persistence. Building on her top-level administrative roles during twenty-five years of government service, and her extensive volunteer efforts in a variety of historical preservation projects, she now adds first-person experience with the intricacies of assisted living. Her loves are gardening and cooking, wildlife and small animals, history, and the care of seniors. She conceived and presented over sixty sessions of a reminiscence cooking for seniors program at an assisted living facility over a 2-1/2 year period. Observing firsthand how seniors are sometimes cared for (and sometimes not), and how they are treated in today's society, and her compassion and sense of right, compelled her to write this book. Eva lives with her cat (and her husband) in northern Virginia.
- Author(s)Eva Graham
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.