All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA practical and inspiring A-Z guide to the world's most popular woods. Many of the world's most beautiful and useful woods are in serious decline due to over-harvesting and environmental degradation. The Real Wood Bible gives the current sustainability status of these rare and important woods. Wood is a favoured building material because of availability, ease to cut and join, decorative properties, functionality, flexibility, and a favourable strength-to-weight ratio. The Real Wood Bible is a comprehensive handbook for anyone who works with wood...or is planning to. Woodworkers, crafters, carpenters and interior designers will find extensive information about the woods they regularly use as well as discover some new ones. This colourful, easy-to-use book features: * How trees are converted into boards and veneers; * How to convert your own trees into boards; * Woods that incorporate beautiful natural effects; * A list of woods available from sustainable sources; * Useful advice on buying and storing lumber. An extensive and illustrated A-Z guide to the world's most popular woods is at the heart of this book.Each wood is shown with a colour illustration demonstrating the true look and beauty of the finished and unfinished grain. A special section on sustainability is included, with an introduction to key conservation issues. The Real Wood Bible is the essential reference for the appreciation of the practical beauty of the world's most popular building material.
- Author BiographyNick Gibbs is a carpenter and editor of British Woodworker magazine. He has contributed to many books including The Flooring Handbook. He lives in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
- Author(s)Nick Gibbs
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2016
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content Note300 full-colour photos, illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- noamtsvi08 Mar, 2017by
It's an amazing book! I read it already 4 times
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.