All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the elements of reality in early modern witchcraft and popular magic, through a combination of detailed archival research and broad-ranging interdisciplinary analyses, this book complements and challenges existing scholarship, and offers unique insights into this murky aspect of early modern history.
- Author BiographyEDWARD BEVER received his Ph.D. in History from Princeton University in 1983, USA. He was a software developer specializing in historical simulations before taking his present position as Professor of History at SUNY Old Westbury in 1997. He has published a book on African history and a number of articles on witchcraft and magic in Early Modern Europe.
- PrizesShortlisted for Katharine Briggs Folklore Award 2009.
- Author(s)Edward Bever
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication11/06/2008
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitlePalgrave Historical Studies in Witchcraft and Magic
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight968 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.