All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the process of recovery from personality disorder, and how this can be achieved, this research-based but highly readable book describes successful community-based ways to support people after diagsis and the wider implications for mental ill health. Taking a close look at what it means to be diagsed with personality disorder, the author considers how people with mental health issues are treated by society at large and within mental health services. She highlights problems and gaps in services, and how stigma surrounding mental health disorders can negatively affect the treatment an individual receives. Many first-hand accounts by people diagsed with personality disorder offer a real perspective into what it is like to live with mental health issues, challenging stereotypes and providing much-needed insight into their needs. Research from The Haven, an invative community-based project supporting people through recovery from personality disorder, offers ground-breaking ways to care for and meet the needs of people with major mental health issues in a positive and creative way. Essential reading for mental health professionals, people diagsed with personality disorder, and their families.
- Author BiographyDr Heather Castillo worked for many years in Mind organisations in Essex, developing advocacy for people with mental health problems. She has worked with service users, training and supporting them to become legitimate researchers in the field of mental health. In 2004 she helped to set up, and became the Chief Executive of The Haven Project, which began as a Department of Health National Innovation Site for the support and treatment of personality disorder. In 2011 she completed a doctorate at Anglia Ruskin University, UK, about the process of recovery in personality disorder. She lives in Essex, UK.
- Author(s)Heather Castillo
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note9 b&w photos
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.