All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe Really Useful Maths Book is for all those who want children to enjoy the challenge of learning mathematics. With suggestions about the best ways to use resources and equipment to support learning, it describes in detail how to make learning the easy option for children.An easy-to-follow, comprehensive guide packed with ideas and activities, it is the perfect tool to help teachers who wish to develop their teaching strategies. The second edition has been fully updated in light of the latest research, as well as in response to the new mathematics curriculum. It includes many more practical activities for each mathematical topic and explores exciting new areas. Key topics covered include: * Numbers and the number system * Operations and calculations * Shape and space * Measures, statistics and data handling * Cross-curricular approaches * Resources and planning for teaching and learning * Contexts for making sense of mathematics * Bridges, strategies and personal qualities * Dialogue and interactive teaching * International perspectives on teaching and learning * Psychology and neuroscience to maximize learning. The Really Useful Maths Book makes mathematics meaningful, challenging and interesting. It will be invaluable to practicing primary teachers, subject specialists, maths co-ordinators, student teachers, mentors, tutors, home educators and others interested in mathematics education programmes. Tony Brown was formerly the Director of ESCalate, the UK Centre for Education in HE at the Graduate School of Education, University of Bristol, UK. Henry Liebling formerly led Primary Mathematics Education at University College Plymouth, Marjon, UK.
- Author BiographyTony Brown was formerly the Director of ESCalate, the UK Centre for Education in HE at the Graduate School of Education, University of Bristol, UK. Henry Liebling formerly led Primary Mathematics Education at University College Plymouth, Marjon, UK.
- Author(s)Henry Liebling,Tony Brown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Really Useful
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note164 black & white illustrations, 60 black & white tables, 164 black & white line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.