All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionProblematizing the reason of schooling as historical and political, in this book leading international and interdisciplinary scholars challenge the common sense of schooling and the relation of society, education, and curriculum studies. Examining the limits of contemporary tions of power and schooling, the argument is that the principles that order school subjects, the curriculum, and teaching reforms are historical practices that govern what is thought, acted on, and talked about. Highlighting the dynamics of social exclusion, the rmalizing of people through curriculum, and questions of social inclusion, The Reason of Schooling underscores the urgency for rethinking curriculum research.
- Author BiographyThomas S. Popkewitz is professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Curriculum Theory Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byThomas S. Popkewitz
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.