All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChe Guevara, especially after his death, was and probably still is, one of the world's most famous revolutionaries, with posters of him being sold widely in the west. In 1958 Guevara set up a radio station, Radio Rebelde which broadcast t only his speeches and principles of the revolution, but more importantly, it also broadcast music -- Socialismo con pachanga (socialism with rhythm). October 1997 was the thirtieth anniversary of the death of Che Guevara and together with the band Up, Bustle and Out, the author released an extended-play single in memory of Guevara and his radio station. Distribution was worldwide and press reaction was positive with the Guardian running a full-length feature on Guevara and his life, including a small paragraph about the music project. Radio Rebelde, or Rebel Radio, is still broadcasting today, and the book tells the story of both the radio station and the music project. The CD-ROM complements the story with films and wonderful rhythmic Latin music.
- Author BiographyRupert Mould
- Author(s)Rupert John Mould
- PublisherCerberus Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleMaster Sessions 1 & 2, Calle 23, Havana S.
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCerberus Publishing Ltd
- Content Note6 illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width120 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.